1. Gizmodo presents seven artists who use thread in innovative ways.
2. New York magazine visits fashion designer Reem Acra's apartment in Manhattan's garment district.
3. Remodelista highlights ten examples of portrait paintings used as decor.
4. PopSugar Home lists ten steps to creating a dream closet.
5. Curbed showcases the bold spiky design of an Australian school building devised by architecture firm McBride Charles Ryan.
6. Art News explores British art duo Rob and Nick Carter's animated work Transforming Still Life Painting—a digital replica of Bosschaert's Vase with Flowers in a Window—now on display at New York's Frick Collection.
7. So Haute founder Nicole Gibbons picks her favorite overdyed rugs.
8. Architizer talks to Michael Graves about starchitects, product design, and more.
*What have you been reading this week? Tweet your links to @archdigest .